Headed by a President and governed by three central councils, the University is organised in such a way as to contribute, alongside the other structures of higher education, to the development of research and the raising of the scientific, cultural and professional level of the nation and of individuals.
At the University, there are components (structures grouping together training departments and laboratories or research centres), common or central services ensuring the administrative and technical functioning of the University.
The University is headed by a President elected by an absolute majority of the elected members of the Board of Governors. The President's term of office is four years and is renewable once.
The President is assisted by three Vice-Presidents elected within their respective committees or councils (Board of Directors, Research Committee and Training and University Life Committee).
He has authority over all the staff of the University.
He is the authorising officer for expenditure and revenue.
He is responsible for maintaining order and represents the University to the outside world.
The Presidents of the University of Avignon :
- Philippe Ellerkamp (2015- )
- Emmanuel Ethis (2007-2015)
- Michel Volle (2002-2007)
- Henri Méloni (1997-2002)
- Bernard Blavoux (1992-1997)
- Françoise Pécaut (1988-1992)
- Guy Cheymol (1984-1988)
The President's team consists of :
- Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors in charge of the Board of Directors : Samuel Priso-Essawe
- Vice-Chairman of the Management Board in charge of the Research Committee : Georges Linarès
- Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors in charge of the Training and University Life Commission : Ange Polidori
- Vice President for University Life : Audrey Abonnen
- Vice President for International Relations : Anne-Sylvie Tixier
- Vice President for Economic Development and Valorisation : Philippe Obert
- Vice President for Digital and Pedagogical Innovation and Head of MAPUI : Thierry Spriet
- Vice-president in charge of professional integration and operational director of the CMQ 3A : Pascal Laurant
- Vice President for Environmental Transition : Naomi Mazzilli
The project leaders
The Director General of Services
The Director General of Services exercises, under the authority of the President, the functions of Director General of Administrative Services. He assists the President in all circumstances of the administrative life of the institution. To this end, he has a general delegation of signature.
The Director General of Services in office is Stéphane Bourdageau.
The Accounting Officer
The University has an accounting officer who is a public accountant responsible, in complete independence, for the collection of revenue, the payment of expenditure, the custody and safekeeping of the institution's assets and funds, the handling of funds and account movements and the keeping of the accounts of the accounting office.
The accounting officer in office is Claude Guintoli.