The WEUs are a way of being in the world and of opening up to others. Each course of study contributes to the construction of your own pathway and the development of a common culture.
In this sense, it is a matter of making choices and developing skills that will evolve and grow throughout your university career.
Regular participation in a weekly cultural activity entitles the student to 2 UEO (Unité d'Enseignement d'Ouverture) credits per semester. The criteria for obtaining this UEO are based on regular attendance and active participation in the workshop's production (show, exhibition, etc.).
This year, the Cultural Workshops offer artistic practices in the fields of theatre, music, visual arts, writing and cinema, as well as cultural workshops on languages and civilisations, art and the media, science and the promotion of your involvement in associations.
These proposals are open to all and allow everyone to invest in the university through culture and to take part in campus life.
The contents of the workshops are based on themes that suggest exploring your university and its territory: the campus, the Avignon Festival...
Cultural skills are essential for academic success, and they are also essential in the professional world. We therefore make every effort to ensure that the skills acquired through participation in the workshops are valuable skills:
- oral expression
- writing skills
- general culture
- language skills
- project development / event organisation
- awareness of project management in the fields of publishing, exhibitions or live performances...
STUDENT AND ARTIST ASSOCIATES
- Art-Process (3-day master class during the holidays)
- Master Class Cinema (creative workshop)*
- University Choir
- Current music choir*.
- Current music
- African N'Goni Harp
- Saying is an art (Master Class)
- Writing (Master Class)
- Theatre Centre Dramatique des Villages
- Anglophone Theatre
- European Theatre
- Company theatre
- Speaking (Master Class)
- Theatre residency (Master Class)
ASSOCIATIVE AND CIVIC ENGAGEMENT
- Associative and civic commitment (CSR possible)
- Extracurricular commitment City of Avignon
- Defence and security (even numbered semesters)
* on the Jean-Henri Fabre Campus
LANGUAGES AND CIVILISATIONS
- Greek world and civilisation
ARTS AND MEDIA
- Artistic and Cultural Education
- History, Culture and Practice of Tango (UEO suspended)
- Musicology (odd-numbered semesters)
ARTS AND SCIENCES
- Scientific literacy (even numbered semesters)
- Introduction to Psychology (CSR possible)
CULTURES AND TERRITORIES
- Oenological culture (WEU suspended)