Sanitary towel dispensers
The project was initiated by a university student, Hinde Bahlagui, a former civic service volunteer for Ville Campus who was then doing an internship at the CROUS.
Motivated by this initiative, a group ofIUT d'Avignon in DUT Packaging, Emballage et Conditionnement Marion Bonnin, Sara Lerond, Elaurie Tourel, supervised by Yannick Knapp, lecturer and head of the Packaging department at the IUT of Avignon University, made this possible.
For this first stage of the project, 10 dispensers were designed and manufactured by the students and placed in selected toilets accessible to PRMs on both campuses:
Hannah Arendt Campus
- North building :
- Ground floor - East entrance (opposite rooms OE20/OE19)
- Ground floor - West entrance, opposite the Relais Handicap
- 2nd floor - opposite amphitheatre 2E04
- South building :
- Ground Floor - CROUS Cafeteria/RU
- 2nd floor: entrance to the University Library
- Sports and research centre :
- Ground Floor - to the gym
Jean-Henri Fabre Campus
- IUT : hall
- CERI in front of the Blaise amphitheatre
- Building A UFR STS Lobby of the building
- Building B UFR STS Hall of the new building, opposite the University Library
These dispensers are stocked daily and provide free access to these essential hygiene products for all.
The towels offered are free of dyes, perfumes and allergens, and have the Ecolabel label.
At the same time, information stands are regularly set up to inform people about the various means of protection, particularly the lesser known ones.
A project financed and implemented thanks to the Ville Campus scheme (CROUS Aix-Marseille Avignon and Avignon University), in partnership with the IUT of Avignon