Aid, grants, allowances

If you encounter a difficulty of any kind, we invite you to speak first with your teachers or a representative of the administration.

There are other services in place for special situations:

CROUS social service
The CROUS social service's mission is to help students to integrate into their studies as well as possible and to apprehend in the best conditions the learning of their autonomy.
The social workers are subject to professional secrecy. They are responsible for taking into account all social problems (economic, family, health, orientation) that students may encounter.

A student who is in a particularly difficult financial situation can contact the CROUS social service (by appointment only).

Social assistants: Malika Bellanger / Fabrice Mante

Hannah Arendt Campus
Avignon local office / South building, 1st floor
open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 12.30pm, by online appointment only

Jean-Henri Fabre Campus
CERI - office area (former BU)
Every Thursday, from 9am to 12:30pm and from 1:30pm to 4pm, by appointment (online only)

>>> Make an appointment online:
Specific assistance for one-off allowances (ASAP) - CROUS
Created from the start of the 2008 academic year, this aid replaces the study allowances and the one-off emergency aid allowance. It is designed to respond to specific situations, in particular: financial distress, proven financial independence from the family, resumption of studies. An allocation committee decides on the amount of aid based on the student's file. Information from the CROUS.

FSDIE - Individual aid
The FSDIE can allocate, on the basis of an application to be completed with the CROUS social worker, one-off aid to students in difficulty. Information from the CROUS.


Scholarships - Student Social File

Students can benefit from a grant based on social criteria (Bachelor's/Master's degree, 1st and 2nd cycle) subject to certain conditions:

  • nationality;
  • resources;
  • age;
  • examination success;
  • attendance at classes, practical work (TP) and TD (attendance will be checked).
The Student Social File (DSE) must therefore include the last tax notice, documents proving the family situation, proof of schooling as well as those of brothers and sisters studying. Other documents may be requested, especially if the family income has fallen sharply and permanently.

The scholarship on social criteria amounts to between 1,389 and 3,921 euros and is tax-free.
In addition to a grant based on social criteria, a student can benefit from two additional grants, one for merit (Merit Aid: €1,800/year) and the other for international mobility (International Mobility Aid: €400/month). For the latter, students must submit an application to the international relations department of their institution.
The request is made by Student Social File (DSE). Registration for the DSE is only done on the website of the academy in which you are currently enrolled, even if you are applying outside the academy. At the end of your registration, you will be given a connection and file number. Note them carefully. The file will then be sent directly to your home address.

The answer usually arrives in July. Please note that you can only register between 15 January and 15 May.

The DSE is the procedure that allows students to apply for a grant and/or accommodation in a CROUS university residence from the same file.

  • This file must be made up via the internet, by connecting to the CROUS Aix-Marseille website between 15 January and 15 May.
  • You can use the scholarship simulator on
Regional grants
Each region can grant scholarships to students. This is the case for the PACA region, based on projects linked to regional development.

Information on the PACA Regional Council website and from the secretariat of the research and development department.

Housing assistance
There are two types of aid: the personalized housing aid (APL) and the social housing allowance (ALS).
The amount of aid varies according to your resources, the amount of rent and the size of the accommodation. The allowance can be up to half the amount of your rent. Don't waste time putting together this application, the Caisse d'Allocations Familiales (CAF) will only pay you the money once the complete application has been submitted and processed.

To complete the application, you must bring the following documents with you:

  • a photocopy of an identity document (residence permit or authorisation of residence of more than 3 months for foreign students),
  • the rent receipt in your name,
  • a photocopy of the lease or rental contract which must be in your name,
  • a bank statement,
  • a certificate of income (in euros).
Apply to the Caisse d'Allocations Familiales:
6, rue Saint-Charles
84000 Avignon
Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm
Tel. 0 810 25 84 10

Merit-based aid
This aid is granted in addition to the grant on social criteria:

  • To scholarship students with a "very good" mention in the last baccalaureate session. It is paid during the 3 years of the licence (or equivalent).
  • Scholarship students enrolled in a master's program and appearing on the list of the best bachelor's degree graduates from the last session established by the universities. It is paid during the 2 years of the master's degree.
Students do not have to take any particular steps to benefit from it. The rectorate and the universities send the lists of students concerned directly to the CROUS. You keep this aid for the duration of your training subject to progress.

Amount: 1800€ per year in 9 monthly payments

Food aid

>> Consult the list of food aid in Avignon, accessible to students

Date of update May 14, 2021